DemandSphere is an enterprise SEO and intelligence company headquartered in Columbus, OH, with additional offices in Tokyo, Japan and team members based around the world. Our customers use our data, insights, and automation daily to reach their customers through organic search, bypassing the need to spend money on ads. We take a holistic view on SEO and believe that companies who succeed with organic search have little need to violate user’s privacy through intrusive advertising.
We're looking for a Mid- to Senior Front-end Developer to join us on a full-time basis, and work as part of a fast-paced, globally distributed team to build and deliver new products and features to our large customer base. Our platform includes large-scale web crawling, real-time analytics across streaming, disparate data sets, natural language processing (NLP), and complex UI / visualization features. We're a hard-working team and we solve bigger problems than our team of 40+ people would seem capable of solving.
Technical skills needed:
We're looking for a senior level, front-end developer with strong, hands-on experience in very large platforms built on Ruby on Rails (experience in other languages and frameworks such as Python / Python frameworks is fine) to focus on building UI/application screens. Java skills are a plus as well.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field / relevant experience
* Exposure to Rails Framework or equivalent
* Ruby on Rails or similar framework
* Java experience a plus
* ClickHouse, Hadoop, Spark or similar big data stack
* Elastic search / ELK stack
* MySQL / Postgresql
* Highcharts, D3, and Vega for visualization
* AWS / GCP
* Large-scale Redis administration / tuning
o Ability / willingness to quickly ramp up on our industry and become an expert in the field
o Ability to communicate well and make recommendations in the context of an overall set of possible solutions, with benefits / trade-offs for each
- Health Insurance
- Gym membership close to office
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility to work from home and office (some office time required)